As the Head of Highways you will lead the delivery of efficient, cost effective, customer focused services. Responsible for leading a team of approx 80 staff across asset intelligence, strategic planning, contract and commercial functions as well as the operational delivery of structural maintenance, drainage, bridges, road safety and traffic management schemes and routine maintenance.
– Manage the term service contract with our main contractor, developing a strong partnership approach and ensuring timely delivery of work to give the best outcomes for our residents.
– Improve performance by working with internal colleagues and the contractor to develop and implement appropriate action plans.
– Manage any changes and the impact of rescheduled works, ensuring risks and dependencies are understood, managed and communicated to all relevant stakeholders.
– Work closely with colleagues and contractors to address service delivery requests, concerns, and feedback in a timely and customer focussed manner.
– Develop and maintain productive relationships with all key stakeholders including management team colleagues, team members, other service areas, councillors, Town & Parish Councils and residents.
For more information, please complete the form or contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org