In this role you will lead on the delivery of the Council’s Building Safety and sustainability programmes over the next three-year period, to a value of circa £65 million. You will be responsible for leading several projects across a range of schemes including, fire safety led improvement works, energy efficiency improvement projects, internal and external works, etc. and you will be responsible for resolving legacy issues from previous projects, such as defective works, contract disputes etc. We are seeking applicants who have already achieved MRICs/ MCIOB or equivalent professional qualifications or are working towards this.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate significant experience on major works projects preferably within a local authority or housing association and a wide range of specialist skills including building surveying, project management and budgetary control. We have a broad programme of projects and would welcome applicants who have already achieved MRICs/ MCIOB or equivalent professional qualifications.
To be shortlisted you must be able to clearly demonstrate the following:
- Excellent building surveying skills and knowledge of construction methods
- Experience in managing and running multiple complex building projects at the same time.
- a full understanding of Health & Safety and CDM 2015 requirements in construction works
- A knowledge of Public Sector procurement including the requirements of the Public Contract Regulations
- Understanding of contract law and excellent knowledge of standard form contracts and Contract Administration
- Experience of managing contractors and consultants to deliver within budgets and timescales
- Good knowledge of the current Fire Safety requirements for high-and low-rise properties.
- Relevant technical/professional qualification in a construction related field such as Building Surveying, Architecture etc.
- Good report writing and presentation skills and able to communicate to all levels of stakeholders.
For more information on this role, please complete the form or contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org