In this role you will be accountable to the Assistant Director of Transport for providing an effective, comprehensive, and integrated traffic and network management service across the borough and to lead on matters related to the movement of people and goods on the highway network. You will provide a co-ordinated approach to the use of the highway, and the network co-ordination role, taking the role of Traffic Manager, and will develop and implement programmes that align with the Council’s strategic vision to reduce traffic, improve road safety, and air quality, increase active travel (cycling & walking), aid accessibility and enhance road-based public transport.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Lead a diverse team, with a wide range of roles and work styles.
- Think strategically and help develop policies and programmes that deliver the Council’s Corporate and Transport Strategies.
- Establish and manage a robust programme and budget, including funding bids.
- Provide up-to-date advice on all traffic related technical, legal and policy issues.
- Work collaboratively with other teams, internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with politicians and other senior stakeholders, acting as an effective representative of the team, division, directorate, and Council as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective and efficient processes to managing performance, project delivery, procurement, expenditure, consultation, decision making & approvals and timely responses to queries from the public, members, MPs, etc.
- Enhance the visibility of the team’s policies and programmes.
For more information on this role, please complete the form or contact the team on email@example.com